Technical difficulties

TESTING, TESTING . . .

The handover from Larry to me at the start of the season has required some technical maneuvering to give me control over the computer systems Larry previously administered. There are basically two of those: this blog itself, and something called FeedBurner which sends email notification of new blog posts to those who have subscribed.

Unlike the blog, which can have multiple administrators, FeedBurner seems to allow only one administrator at a time. Until now that has been Larry. This week we attempted to transfer management of the feed from Larry to me. The process seemed at first to be successful . . . until it wasn't. At the moment it appears that neither one of us has access to administer the feed.

So this blog post has two purposes:

(1) We are experimenting to see whether the feed is still working -- that is whether this evening, Feb. 4, an email notification goes out to subscribers informing them of this post. I should be able to determine that by checking my own email, so it should not be necessary for you all to email me.

(2) Please do email me, however, if you are a FeedBurner maven. ebernstein2001@yahoo.com.

Thanks, and keep on trekking,

Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment